Herbs of Gold Activated B Complex contains activated B vitamins, including B2, B6, methylfolate (B9) and methylcobalamin (B12), to help support energy levels and assist in the maintenance of wellbeing.
The activated B Vitamins in Herbs of Gold Activated B Complex are:
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin phosphate)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5-phosphate)
- Folate (5-methyltetrahydrofolate)
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)
Indications for Herbs of Gold Activated B Complex:
- Activated B Complex maintains and supports healthy energy levels. B vitamins are important for energy production in every cell
- Exercise can increase requirements for B vitamins, particularly B1 and B2. B vitamins support healthy exercise capacity.
- Activated B Complex may be beneficial during times of stress and helps maintain a healthy stress response. Vitamins B5 and B6 support healthy adrenal function.
- B vitamins help maintain and support a healthy nervous system.
- B vitamins support a healthy mood and are required for the synthesis of neurotransmitters, such as acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin.
- Herbs of Gold Activated B Complex provides a source of folate and vitamin B12, which provide blood tonic activity so may assist in maintaining normal blood.
- Vitamin B12 and folate are required for red blood cell formation and vitamins B6, B12 and folate are necessary for oxygen transport in red blood cells.
- Activated B Complex helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system. Vitamin B12 and folate help maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by facilitating the conversion of homocysteine to methionine or cystathionine.
- Vitamins B6, B12 and folate assist with lowering homocysteine levels.
- Herbs of Gold Activated B Complex provides a minimum daily dose of 400 micrograms of folate. If taken daily when trying to conceive and during the first trimester of pregnancy and/or for at least four weeks before conception and during the first trimester of pregnancy, folate may help to prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida and/or anencephaly.
- Folate and vitamin B12 are important for cell growth and replication.
- Methylfolate supplementation improves folate status. Folate helps maintain normal brain health and healthy memory function.
- Vitamin B12 helps maintain normal healthy cognitive function. The elderly, strict pescatarians, vegetarians and vegans are at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Vitamins B2 and B3 support the body's antioxidant systems, healthy liver function and liver detoxification.
- Vitamin B2 helps recycle glutathione, an important antioxidant.
- Vitamin B3 is a component of glucose tolerance factor and supports blood sugar regulation.
- Activated B Complex assists in the metabolism of dietary carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
Thakur K et al. Riboflavin and health: a review of recent human research. Critical reviews in food science and nutrition. 2017 Vol 57;17 p.3650-3660
Ryan-Harshman M and Aldoori W. Vitamin B12 and health. Canadian Family Physician. 2008 Vol 54;4 p.536-541
Greenberg J.A., et al. Folic acid supplementation and pregnancy: more than just neural tube defect prevention. Reviews in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2011 Vol 4;2 p.52-59
Gibson G.E., et al Vitamin B1 (thiamine) and dementia. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2016 Vol 1367;1 p.21-30
How to Use Herbs of Gold Activated B Complex
Adults and children over 12 years - Take 1 Activated B Complex capsule daily, with food, or as directed by your healthcare professional.