Cacao Gold Powder by Power Superfoods
Here's a delicious mouthful to wrap your tongue around - "Cacao Nacional Arriba Fino de Aroma" - the name of this heritage Cacao Bean variety found only around Ecuador (a country justifiably famous for their chocolate products). The strong Aussie dollar allows us to bring you this previously unaffordable decadence - 100% pure certified organic raw Cacao Powder from a rare heritage Ecuadorian cacao bean - revitalized from likely extinction. Growing near the equator results in a unique photosynthesis, accounting for its impressive nutritional content, deeper colour/aroma/flavour AND a naturally richer cocoa butter content gives this luxury Cacao Powder a smoother texture on the tongue. Mmmmmmmm... we all deserve this decadence!
By now, everyone must have heard the many advantages of dark chocolate consumption, rich in antioxidants and polyphenols, protein and minerals like zinc, calcium, chromium, iron, potassium and magnesium - but here's another advantage with this very unique product. We are very proud that our Ecuadorian partners are applauded internationally for having taken a giant leap beyond just trading fairly and paying guaranteed premium crop prices direct to farmers... their compatriots reap brilliant long term benefits through our supplier's generous re-investment of part profits back into community development projects over there including:
1. award winning conservation initiatives (tree nurseries for sustainable co-planting of endangered rainforest species)
2. ingenious environmental programs (like replacing toxic disposables with solar rechargeable batteries in areas without reliable electricity)
3. developing organic technical education and Special Needs curriculums for area schools (largely unavailable, yet desperately needed)
So a big round of applause for these true social revolutionaries!!
So many different & delicious ways to enjoy! For example, use like cocoa powder in desserts, cookie batter, muffins, drinks, chocolate creations, raw foodie treats, smoothies, or sprinkle over ice cream, yoghurt, cheesecake, coffee or hot chocolate... feel free to experiment and become your own gourmet master chef! (Note: 15g = 1 heaped TBSP approximately)
A Chocoholic's Dream - Homemade Chocolate Fudge
1. Slowly melt 100g Cacao Butter in a saucepan at very low heat
2. Add 150g sifted Coconut Palm Sugar (or 100g honey, agave, or other sweetener)
3. Stir for 2 minutes, then add 100mL Coconut Cream or Coconut Milk (or 50mL for a less 'fudgy' chocolate)
4. Turn up heat slightly, stirring constantly until Coconut Palm Sugar dissolves
5. Add 100g sifted Cacao GOLD Powder slowly in small amounts while stirring constantly
6. Once Powder is completely dissolved, stir on very low heat for a further 2 minutes.
7. Continue stirring for a few minutes while it cools slightly, then pour into a small-ish shallow, flat container (our Cacao Butter tub is perfect when empty!)<
8. Store in fridge, insert knife to break in chunks when ready to gorge!!!!!!