Herbs of Gold Vitex 1000
- Manage Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Support Healthy Hormonal Balance
- Normalise the Menstrual Cycle
- Relief of PMS-related Breast Tenderness
Chaste Tree, or Vitex agnus-castus, is one of the most popular herbal remedies used in modern times to relieve the signs and symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). This addition to the Herbs of Gold product range does not waver in their commitment to quality natural medicines.
PMS tends to occur up to 2 weeks before menstruation. In severe cases, more time can be spent living with PMS than without it! Signs and symptoms can include mood swings, irritability, food cravings and breast tenderness. Many natural remedies can be employed during this period (pun intended), however, none seem to be more popular than Chaste Tree.
This herbal medicine has been clinically trialled, and compared to placebo, in numerous studies in order to ascertain its effectiveness for the remediation of PMS, amongst many other conditions. Herbs of Gold Vitex 1000 contains 1,000mg is Chaste Tree fruit extract per tablet, making it a convenient one per day formulation.
A Chaste Tree clinical trial review, published in 2013, highlighted that this herbal medicine was effective in reducing PMS symptoms in seven of eight studies, compared to placebo, pyridoxine and magnesium oxide1. Furthermore, Vitex has been demonstrated in two clinical studies to be helpful for the management of premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Vitex contains a range of phytochemicals, including iridoids, flavonoids, diterpenoids and phytosteroids2.
Chaste Tree has the following actions: analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, antioxidant, liver-protective, anti-histamine and dopaminergic. These actions indicate that the herbal medicine is likely helpful for a range of conditions outside of its typical female reproductive use. However, scientific research is yet to elucidate its relevance for other conditions.
Another clinical trial published all the way back in 1997 indicated that Vitex was effective in treating premenstrual tension syndrome, demonstrating a statistically-significant alleviation of breast tenderness, tension, headache, constipation, depression and edema3.
Herbs of Gold Vitex 1000 is a fantastic product for support during those difficult times of the month, providing you with a safe and efficaceous herbal medicine.
- Die MDV et al. Vitex agnus-castus extracts for remale reproductive disorders: a systematic review of clinical trials. Planta Medica. 2013 Vol 79 p.562-575
- Meena AK et a. A review of the important chemical constituents and medicinal uses of Vitex genus. Asian Jouranl of Traditional Medicine. 2011 Vol 6;2 p.54-60
- Lauritzen CH., et al. Treatment of premenstrual tension syndrome with Vitex agnus castus controlled, double-blind study versus pyridoxine. Phytomedicine. 1997 Vol 4;3 p.183-189
How to Use Herbs of Gold Vitex 1000
Adults – Take 1 tablet daily, in the morning, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.